Just some quick thoughts while watching tonight's episode of "The Apprentice":
1) When Troy and Kwame went off to watch the magic show with the animals, did anyone else think of poor old Roy Horne when a tiger stood on its back legs and hugged the performer? And also, did anyone else think it was demeaning for the African lion to be ridden like a donkey?
2) I really dislike Katrina. When she and Amy were trying to get the car dealer to put up a car rental, and she complained offscreen about Amy's butting in, what was hilarious was that Amy was the one who closed the deal.
3) How come Trump's assistant George is always off on important business trips, but Carolyn never is? Glass ceiling?
4) The previews for this episode had Trump wondering who came up with some dumb idea. When the white tiger was wheeled out in the cage, I couldn't help but think, maybe the tiger will get loose and maul some VIPs . . . .
5) Notice how Protege started out as the all-female team, and right now, it's Bill, Kwame, and Troy.
6) I thought the look of disbelief on Amy's face when the team results were announced was priceless. I guess she really started to think that she was invulnerable.
7) What was with the super-mini skirts that Amy and Katrina wore to the final boardroom? Maybe it's just me, but I would think that if you fighting to stay in the game, you'd want to show Trump that you are professional. . . .
8) Finally, who knows what else she might have said in the cab that was not aired, but I thought Katrina's final comments -- which were pretty much pure vituperation directed at Amy -- were just catty.
All in all, a fun episode. Only 2 regular episodes left before the live finale . . . .
UPDATE (3/26): Prof. Althouse offers thoughts on some of my observations.